The always interesting Judy,Judy,Judy over at Novel Truths nominated me for a Versatile Blogger award. I don't think I've ever been nominated for an award before! Thanks, Judy! (and by the way she is a much more Versatile Blogger than I am). The rules of the award are that you link to the award page, nominate up to 15 additional bloggers for the award, and list seven things about yourself for anyone who might find you because of the award. Most of the blogs I follow have already been nominated, so I'm skipping that step. Here is the link back to the VBA website:
And now the hard part. Seven things about myself? Hmmmmm. If you hang around here much, you may already know a few of these, but I couldn't think of seven entirely new things.
1. I'm the middle of three daughters, no brothers.
2. I'm a plodder. I plod along, dotting every i, crossing every t. Sometimes this drives me crazy about myself, but I can't seem to help it.
3. I play the flute.
4. I'm an obsessive reader. I read the backs of cereal boxes, catalogs, cookbooks, the back of the tube of toothpaste. In the shower I read the back of the shampoo bottle. I read over people's shoulders on the plane (and I hate it when people do that to me).
5. I've read Ulysses. Three times. (gotta get some mileage out of that somewhere.)
6. I love road trips. Also trips by plane and train. Maybe I should just say: I love to travel. On my list for the next three years: Alaska and Ireland. Ten year plan: New Zealand, Spain/Portugal, Morocco, and maybe Kenya. MadMax really wants to go to Africa for a photo safari.
I'm having a hard time coming up with #7. Hmmmmm.
7. I'm afraid of heights. I never think I am till I get up someplace high, and then I'm paralyzed and can't get down. I once had to crawl down one of those pyramid tombs in Guatemala. I couldn't see how high I was on the way up.
there you go.