Saturday, October 28, 2006

This was posted after midnight on April 19, 2005. It is weird, but I think it's my favorite one.

To blog or not to blog, that is the question. If a blog is written on the internet, but nobody reads it, does it really exist? when in the course of human events, it becomes necessary to decide whether or not it is important to continue trying even when trying has become trying, what decision will you make? Will you press on, or will you fold up your hand and go home, throw in the towel, or trowel, or the spade with which you are digging the garden? and if you go ahead and plant that garden, it could someday, a very long time from now, bear some fruit. Well, OK, it would probably be vegetables. some vegetables that you can't even imagine right now.

But on the other hand, the whole thing could also just get plowed under when they build the new mega mall next to your house. Where have all the flowers gone? Where oh where has my little dog gone? it might be in the same place as the flowers. They took all the trees and put 'em in a tree museum.

OK, well, this is not an environmentalist blog, even though I do recycle. (that was a joke). It is supposed to be a blog about my personal life, or "journey," as they so eumphemistically call it in new age circles, but the problem with that is that my life is just so damn boring. I'm bored to death, and you'd be bored to death if you read about it. So maybe the thing I should do is just make stuff up. Riff on words. Create an alter personality that has a real life and gets to do exciting things and doesn't have to wait until ten years from now to live a little. Can I last that long? Does it matter? Is there a partridge in the pear tree?

You see my dilemma. I simply cannot go on with this charade. If there is no partridge, then what is the point after all. I mean, maybe there's some dumb owl up there or something, and then I just refuse to go on with it anymore. "...and an owl in a pear tree..." . You see? It just isn't right. Fifteen miles on the erie canal. Give us the halfling, she-elf.Take two aspirin and call me in the morning.

Yours, truly,
Aunt BeaN

No comments:

Post a Comment