Saturday, October 28, 2006

an excerpt from a post in March 04:

Yesterday I was reading the introduction to a very famous book on spirituality. I've heard the guy speak on tape before, and I learned a lot, so I don't want to be too negative. BUT. It was almost funny. He was talking about how he reached enlightenment at the age of 29, then was so blissed out that he spent the better part of the next TWO YEARS sitting on a park bench just being overjoyed.

Now, there's probably a pretty good percentage of people who read that and are envious. Then there's those who are so invested in work and struggle that they're horrified. And then there's the percentage of us who are MOMS, who are just thinking to ourselves, and who the hell is picking up his kids from soccer? .......

more later. I have to stop thinking and get my son out of the bath tub. :-)
Aunt BeaN
ever pragmatic

No comments:

Post a Comment