Saturday, December 18, 2010

this post is the equivalent of a test pattern

I thought when I finally got done with this semester I would be euphoric--like I was last week when I finished papers #1 and #2.  But instead, I am so exhausted I'm just numb.  I took my Shakespeare exam on thurs morning (it was fine), turned in my third paper later that afternoon, and drove home in a daze.  I'm pretty sure it wasn't safe.  I wasn't dopey-sleepy (that almost never happens, to my surprise), I was just out of it.  There are two stretches along the highway I drive (which is 70 mph most of the way) where you have to slow down to 45 for about half a mile or so as you drive through tiny towns.  For the first time, when I got to the north end of the lake, I couldn't remember if I slowed down.  I might have, out of habit.  I just don't remember.  which is a little scary.

But anyway.  Today I'm leaving to drive to Seattle and pick up dear daughter, who is also done with her semester (except hers is a quarter), and who did pass Physics, even though she swore she wasn't going to in several phone calls that bordered on ... hysterical.  She has this blog address and if she reads that, she may dispute the term, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  I'll be back on Tuesday, and then have three days to finish prep for Christmas, and then we're leaving for a week in Florida, where it may not be particularly warm or sunny, but it doesn't matter because the point is to see my mom, my sisters and their families, who are all much beloved.  So I'm not sure how much I'll be around, after several weeks of already not being around. 

Wishing you and yours a lovely, relaxing, regenerating holiday season, whichever variety of it you celebrate.

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time! Glad that Daughter passed Physics. I made a minor fortune in college tutoring in introductory physics which was a required course. Chemistry, however, blew my little head apart and I would have wept if forced to study it further because I just *can't* understand it!

    Enjoy the break :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done that, not remembered part of a drive. It is scary. But we made it through. Yay, for being all done. And even more Yay, for kids and family time.
    You may be passing my Seattle daughter on the freeway (sort of).
    But, oh man, I'll miss you and you haven't even left yet.
    Julie
    p.s. That was not a test pattern, it was a valuable update.

    ReplyDelete