Tuesday, July 10, 2012

the promised photos


Nell's graduation, with fancy arrow showing her approximate location. 

(I hope you are impressed with that arrow. It took me about 15 minutes to figure out how to do that.)

In NC, MadMax and his cousin B doing epic battle with....
...an enormous ray (thanks to Uncle J for handling it safely!)
Sun and Waves at the beach
Taking my sister and family up to see some snow
What happens when you fall asleep without knowing where your camera is
Tour Guide Julie at the gorgeous Eugene library
I'm the one in the purple shorts.  lol that cracks me up just typing it.
new additions to my usual walking route-- these guys just appeared on Monday
Walked in a new area today and there were a couple dozen of these guys running around-- can you see them?  they're prairie dogs.  They're hard to photograph with a phone because they're so quick.

10 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! Good work on the arrow. I love your walking route - so much more interesting than mine. Love the picture of Julie! She looks like a queen sitting on her throne. What did Max do with the ray? So far we've caught a few crabs and observed a large pod of dolphins, but no fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am HUGELY impressed with that arrow!!!

    What a wonderful round-up you made for us. Thanks so much.

    (And yes, your neighbors are slightly more picturesque than mine. Prettier too.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, well, notice the freshly-oiled road in the foreground-- which smells horrible, gets tar all over our cars and ruins the atmosphere a bit. But it is a pretty nice route.

      Delete
  3. Well dangnabbit! What happened to the comment I wrote yesterday?? full of compliments for your photography and arrow creating skills, Julie's lovely queenliness, your walking route, etc.

    Pooey on blogger!!

    Thanks for the lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, "queenliness" !!! That chair is part of an art display that was installed when the library was built (the AWARD WINNING new libray, I might add). There are four of them, representing the directions/elements. Can you see why I'm so fond of sitting there?

      Delete
    2. It was SUCH a beautiful library. Y'all have heard me complain about our local library before-- it's terrific for a town this size, but sadly lacking compared to almost anything else. But the Eugene library is truly lovely. *sigh* of jealousy.

      Karen-- I hate it when Blogger eats comments. I don't know why it does that, but it's done it to me on other people's blogs so I know it happens. I'm grateful that you persevere. :-)

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed the pics! Does my heart good to know that you and Julie met in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was fun. The only surprise I had? Her voice is different in person than I was expecting. I'm not sure what I was expecting, except I know this was different. in a good way. ha.

      Delete
  5. Lovely blouse--and good bra!

    And thanks for the Julie pic, she's adorable, and it's the first time I've had a good look at her tattoos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, Mabel! :-) Yes, Julie's tats are gorgeous-- since I had two 14-year-olds with me, I had her explain them. They are quite interesting.

      Delete